Oct 22, 2011

I miss Jacob.

It's been so long since I've written to him or heard from him. I know he's probably doing really well on his mission, I still have the letters from him and I read them often because they help me with my faith. Here's his testimony from the last letter I got. He wrote it in portuguese, which I do not speak... so I used google translator. I'm glad he was getting the language so well, but it is kind of hard to understand.

This week I read and I like Jacob when Jacob explains the importance of the prophets. For example, in Jacob 4:4. Many people here do not understand that we need a prophet today and do not understand what a prophet is. But I know we have prophets again, that as God called prophets in ancient times that Joseph Smith was called to be a prophet, and now we have a prophet named Thomas S. Monson. We have prophets, therefore we can dare to be led this life and be happy and know what God wants us to do. This work is hard sometimes, but as is said in Jarom 1:3, that much work needs to happen here.

Maybe I'll finally get some stamps so I can write to him again. I think I will. I want to hear how things are going for him and the people in his mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment