Oct 14, 2011

Mi encanta musica! :D

I love music, and I love my senior project. It's really stretching my brain and my musical ability. I even find myself curving my fingers while I type these blog posts like you're supposed to when you play the piano. I've been practicing so much that I live and breathe this song. I've always got it stuck in my head and when I listen to other songs I find myself tapping to the beat. Like right now, I'm listening to someone like you by Adele (The good version where she does it live in her home, not the crappy auto tune version where they make her voice go all high. I love that she sings low, it's just so beautiful and soulful). I'm trying to spend as much time as I can practicing "couldn't hear nobody pray" with my keyboard's built in metronome. I want to get it 100% this Wednesday when I show my choir teacher/mentor what I've been practicing. There is also quite a bit of praying to get it right too. I'm learning how to develop patience with myself very slowly but surely. Playing the same song over and over definitely helps me with that.
On the 21st, in the morning when we usually have seminary, we're going to have a morning fireside thing with a guest speaker (I don't know what it's going to be about or who is speaking.) All I know is when my seminary teacher said our senior class was asked to do the music, she asked who wants to play the piano? I found myself raising my hand and she asked if I would and I said yes I'd love to. She asked me to do a prelude too. I was so happy and excited (I still am...) but I realized that I have never played an entire hymnal with all four parts, or any other song for that matter, in front of a crowd of more than 20 people. I'm really nervous but I'm also really excited. I've chosen the hymn (and just in case there's more time) hymn for the prelude, but the guy who is doing chorister hasn't decided which song he wants to do... I really need to know soon because I need to practice it. I'm so nervous. I'm going to be practicing a lot of music this week. It would be so embarrassing to mess up at the morning side on Friday morning. However, it is at 6 in the morning so maybe everyone will just be too tired to notice???

No comments:

Post a Comment