Oct 4, 2011

Had a dream...

Last night I had a dream that a friend of mine- whom I am very close to- left on his mission. I remember dreaming that I was racing to the airport (or wherever it was) to say goodbye to him. I remember that I was not able to give him a hug, but I was able to shake his hand and wish him farewell. It was an emotional dream because of the person who left on the mission, but i remember also dreaming that someone asked why only boys get to go on missions in the church. I replied saying girls can go too, in fact I'm going on a mission in a couple years.
It's weird to think that my friends are all leaving on missions soon. Another friend who I dated for about 8-10 months (I don't remember exactly how long) just got his mission call on friday night to Sao Paolo, Brazil. Which incidentally is where another good friend of mine is serving. I write to this friend a lot and it sounds like he is really learning a lot from his mission. I am so excited for my friends and to see the brilliant young men they have become since I met them in our sophomore year of high school is a great blessing. (Was it really 4 years ago???)
They will all make fine missionaries and learn a lot about themselves and the gospel and they will grow closer to our heavenly Father. They have such kind spirits and good hearts, I know they will bless the lives of those in their missions. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment