Feb 21, 2012

Ultra grumpy day

I get really irritated in choir a lot lately. I think it's mostly because we're doing pieces that have a lot of polyphony going on at once. There are different parts being sung all at once and there are three sopranos who actually count right. When we're supposed to sing a half note, all but me and two other people in the soprano section sing a quarter note. And then our teacher stops us to correct the mistake and the sopranos groan and complain. "Why does he keep stopping us?"
BECAUSE YOU'RE NOT COUNTING!
It's just the sopranos and one or two of the men too. The altos have got their parts down. They're awesome. But for some reason the sopranos with their melody can't seem to get it right. Being a soprano is tough when you know what you're doing. Especially because the rest of the sopranos think they're better than everyone else and they're too good to actually pay attention and sing the music the right way or put any effort in. Heaven forbid a pretty girl put in some effort.
I'm sorry. As the title indicates, I am ultra grumpy. This is why I'm not a teacher. I have no patience for people who don't try. Especially myself. I get so angry with myself when I'm not trying my best and then it demotivates me to do good and actually try. Which just feeds the vicious circle over and over again. It's hard to get out of that sneaky little cycle. I've been out of the circle lately though. But I'm so used to being frustrated with myself that I have all this extra frustration looming around in my mind.
I could start running again I guess. It would help me vent a little. Maybe I'll try it. Maybe I'll also try not to stay up until 2:30 in the morning. 3 1/2 hours of sleep isn't enough for this moody awkward teenager.
Could also be the weather.
I need some chicken broth, Chopin, Mozart, and a comfy blanky.

No comments:

Post a Comment