Apr 8, 2011

The testimony

I love hearing people's testimonies because I know those are words coming from their heart. A friend of mine from church and I have been texting back and forth a lot today and he said I should look up this guys testimony from one of his favorite bands called "For today" The guys name is Mattie Montgomery. My friend said "I can't get to it right now but will you look it up? It really inspired be cause for today is amazing its just him talking and i feel the spirit around me" I watched this video and I really liked it. I thought I would share it with you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sFRoWIC92I

He also said I should look up this song by them. He said that when his mom heard it, she cried. And I have to admit... I'm listening to it right now and it's making me tear up too. The lyrics are so well written. I love the music and the lyrics, but if you don't like the music at least look up the lyrics. They really speak to you. This song is amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tOLCDYyOvM

A few more hours until the Temple :) Today started out bad and I am sort of sad still but I think everything will be ok.

"[2] And now I, Nephi, write more of the words of Isaiah, for my soul delighteth in his words. For I will liken his words unto my people, and I will send them forth unto all my children, for he verily saw my Redeemer, even as I have seen him.

[3] And my brother, Jacob, also has seen him as I have seen him; wherefore, I will send their words forth unto my children to prove unto them that my words are true. Wherefore, by the words of three, God hath said, I will establish my word. Nevertheless, God sendeth more witnesses, and he proveth all his words."
2 Nephi 11:2-3

Nephi and Jacob both saw the Savior and knew he was real. They wanted everyone to know this too. Nephi liked Isaiah's words and quoted him and made a "testimony of three" which fulfilled the prophecy that Heavenly Father would establish His word through three witnesses. I leave this with you in the sacred name of my savior Jesus Christ.
-Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment