Apr 6, 2011

Gifts for my Savior

I have kept a small box in my room on my windowsill marked "Gifts for my Savior". In it, I put little pieces of paper with the things I did for my Savior, Jesus Christ. For example, "February 19th, 2011 - Baptism by immersion in water" It doesn't have to be something big like that. It can be something like praying everyday in the name of the Savior, bearing your testimony in his name, etc. But after the first time I went to Church in December, I learned a lot about traditions and a church leader told us about how her family put a little box under the tree for gifts for the Savior. I decided I was going to start that in January but for April. Today is of course, April 6th which is when Jesus Christ was born.

So one more thought for the day: What do you do everyday for your Savior? What can you do to be more like him? Make some goals for the future (Baptism if you're not yet a member, make a commitment to daily prayer/ scripture study, etc.)

No comments:

Post a Comment