Apr 8, 2011

"I've missed you"

The Temple was breathtaking. I started to tear up a little bit just when we pulled in. Even when Peter pointed out the top of the spire where you could see Moroni. In the chapel I started sobbing uncontrollably. It was silent sobbing though.
Then when I waited to be Baptized, I heard the voices of the people in my mind saying "thank you." It was a beautiful experience. After being Baptized for those 5 people, I started walking toward the door where I could go in to change and sobbed uncontrollably again. Then after that I couldn't stop smiling. Through all the 9 confirmations I did I smiled. I felt so much peace and happiness. I have never felt that much peace anywhere. It was serene and I felt warm and happy the whole time. I felt the Holy Ghost. I am so happy that I was able to do this today. I am so happy I was able to. It was such a blessing and I know that I will remain chaste, pure, and virtuous so that I can go to the Temple again many more times. I loved it.
The gardens and the fountain and all the surroundings outside the temple reminded me of my Grandpa Root Beer (Grandpa Bono) and Grandma Dolly's backyard. There were beautifully kept flowers everywhere. The trees were in blossom... it was all so beautiful.
I heard and felt people who passed away and I was glad for their company. I felt and heard the Holy Ghost and was shown an image of my future that I will always remember and strive to make come true.
I hope everyone gets the chance to go to a Temple somewhere in the world. It was so worth it. It was just exactly what I needed and more. I can say I will be happy for a long time. It was life changing.

No comments:

Post a Comment