Nov 28, 2011

Senior Project

One of the hardest things about the senior project is motivation. Sure, it is a subject I love and adore and something I want to do for the rest of my life... but it's hard! It is so difficult! I'm ashamed to admit I'm a little scared to call Beacocks about my piano lessons because I know it's going to be difficult since I learned in a way that is not necessarily correct.
Sometimes I feel like giving up. But there's a few things that keep me motivated:
1.) What would *my best friend* think of me quitting?
I put *my best friend* and refrained from using their name on the internet for the sake of safety. There are weird people on the web.
Anyway, I don't think I would be able to take knowing that this person is disappointed in me. I have upset this person a lot and even probably irritated them and driven them to insanity at times. But I know they are always there for me. This person knows I love music as much as I do. I've quit before and I just know that if I quit they'll be disappointed.
2.) Senior Project grade and graduation
I want to graduate. It's as simple as that. Second senior year is no fun and I know it will be hard to explain to my kids in the future if I have to do it a third time.
3.) Success is the courage to try. Every time I want to quit I picture my choir teacher saying this. Because usually when a mistake is made in choir or when I'm practicing after school, it's what he says. And, as the above mentioned friend once told me - when you tell yourself something enough or you think it enough, you'll believe it.

So... I'm not quitting. It's difficult. Es MUY dificil. But, I have to keep going. Have to. I always quit things. Track. quit. Science Olympiad. quit. Basketball. quit after the first two practices. Even art, I quit for a long time because I didn't think my art was good enough.

Success is the courage to try. I'm going to haul trousers (my mom created that phrase) and work like crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment