Sep 10, 2011

So tired.

This week was the first day of school and seminary. I am just so completely wiped out from getting up so early. Here's my schedule this last week:
4:15 am: wake up and shower. eat breakfast. Do hair, get dressed etc.
5:25 am: walk to seminary.
6:00 am: Seminary starts.
6:50: first bus from seminary to High School
7:45: choir
8:35: second bus from High School to continuation school
8:45: Algebra 2
9:50: Spanish/ASL
11:35: lunch
12:05: advocacy
1:35: English 12
2:15: third bus back to High School.
2:40: fourth bus at High School to home
Ay Carumba.
Then when I get home I study ASL and spanish for a while and make sure I absolutely know everything. Then I read my scriptures and do some scripture study. Then I have to sweep the floor and this week when it was my dishes week. By the time all that comes around and done, it's about 7:00 in the evening. On tuesday I went to mutual and by the time I got home and had free time it was 8:30. So I just went to bed. I am now elated to get to bed early.
But I want to make sure you know that I'm not complaining. I love having a hectic schedule. I'm just really tired. With all my studying and hard work in seminary and doing my chores at home I feel really accomplished at the end of the day. Every time someone asks me how i'm doing i say tired. Yesterday in English, my teacher asked "How are you" and I said "tired." as usual. She replied "Do you always have such a huge grin on your face when you're tired." I didn't even realize it, but I was smiling a huge smile. It made me laugh when she said that. My friend laughed too and said "she's always happy and cheerful no matter what." It's sort of true I guess. When I'm at school I smile every second. I don't know why. I really don't like my school and I'm so tired I have to take 10 minutes applying makeup in the morning to conceal the bags under my eyes. On top of that, everything in our house is falling apart. I mean, everything. So far (since last saturday, September 3rd keep in mind.) the air conditioner broke, the garbage disposal broke, the garage door is still broken, the dishwasher broke this morning, the floor under the hardwood is rotting, the washing machine is only working part of the time, there are a few cupboard doors that have broken. So they have to redo all the hardwood floors and fix whatever else needs to be fixed.
There. I've vented all the worrisome things. Now I'll get back to the happy.
I have a talk on the 18th (invitational sunday), just sang at a cute little kids baptism this morning, have my missionary prep class tomorrow at the stake center, meeting an inactive girl in our ward tomorrow. There's something else but I forgot. I know there's something else....
I can't remember.
I'm gonna go play video games in my hoodie and sweats and then nap. :)
I've been thinking a lot about the hymn "Be still, my soul" this week. I think it's because I've been trying my very best to be patient about going to a school where I am feeling pretty alone and like a sore thumb. Every day since sunday I've been wearing my YW torch necklace. I did it to remind myself to make good choices and stand for truth and righteousness while I'm at school. There's a lot of people, almost everyone who makes really bad choices there. Don't get me wrong, they have good hearts. I have met most of my graduating class (of 20 people, maximum) and I have seen that they all have good hearts. They are just making a lot of bad choices. So I wore it to make myself remember to not be pressured into making the same choices. On thursday in spanish class I learned a phrase that I really like.
La constancia hace milagros.
It translates to "Constance brings miracles" It means that when you are patient and when you are determined and consistent that miracles will happen. Just something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment