Sep 4, 2011

finished divine nature today

I completely finished divine nature today. Project and all. I get my scripture ribbon next sunday. I'm really excited for tuesday because we're having a food fight type activity. Then on Saturday I am going to sing at a little kids baptism (with 4 other girls. There's no way I would do a solo). And on sunday I'm going to the missionary prep thing at the stake center. They said all 17 year olds planning on serving a mission can come. I want to serve a mission. I'm only 17 now so maybe by the time I turn 21 I won't want to or maybe I just won't be looking to go on a mission, but for now I really want to and I'm really excited.
Also, today I stayed after church to practice piano in the chapel and talked to my new Bishop. He is really nice and we talked about my Baptism and my joining the church. He also asked me if I would like to speak at invitational sunday. I love to speak at church and talk about the gospel! I am always so nervous about talking in front of people. I've always kind of had a hard time looking people in they eyes or looking out and seeing large crowds (thats why I don't do solos) and it's really helping me a lot to learn how to face my fear by going up in front of people and talking. Which means I have to put off visiting the ward in washougal another 2 weeks :( I miss them already.
I don't know what the topic is that I'll be given but I am really excited to put together a talk for invitation sunday. Maybe I'll even bring my friend Nick along again! He came with me last sunday and i think it went pretty well. The next time I see him I'm going to give him a Book of Mormon.
It was really funny, today when I asked our Bishop for a Book of Mormon, they had hardcover and softcover and they had a bunch of them. Here's the conversation:
Bishop: Brother L, we have a budding young missionary here who would like a Book of Mormon to give to her friend.
Brother L: Well, we've got hardcover and softcover. Which one do you want?
Me: Softcover is fine, and just the one I guess.
Bishop: Oh no! Give her two! Give her a soft copy and a hard copy! One to give to her friend and an extra just in case.

So, yeah. I have no idea who that second Book of Mormon will be for, but I took it anyway. I'll give Nick the softcover one and save the hardcover.
Hm what else? Nothing really. I tried to see my friend before he leaves for college on wednesday. But he had meetings today, I understand. I'm just disappointed. I wish I would've said this in person sooner.

"friend" if you're reading this (you know who you are)
Remember how at my baptism you said "you did it!" and I just started crying? I was just so full of emotions I wasn't used to feeling and the spirit was really strong. I forgot to say Thank you. I wanted to give you the biggest hug out of everyone there. But it didn't cross my mind. That's one of the biggest mistakes I've made. I've caused problems and made mistakes and I've gotten mad at you for things you didn't do. I may have thanked you once or twice but not sincerely as you deserve to be thanked. Today, I just wanted to give you a big huge hug and say "thank you." I still want to because I feel like it's something that should be done in person instead of over text message or email or because you read this blog post.

And, I'm tired. It was really hot and uncomfortable in church today and I have kind of a headache. One more day of summer and then school starts on tuesday. Seminary starts monday. I'm going to graduate this year. I'm so excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment