May 12, 2012

Adventures in becoming a Mormon Domestic, Part II

  Tonight I'm going to a party at a really good friend's house. It's going to be lots of fun, it's like an open house for him I think but with hot tub, food, and probably lots of fun stuff.
  So, I'm making some cupcakes for them. But not just any cupcakes. Of course the actual cake part is from a box, but the frosting is vanilla buttercream. Here's the awesome part:
  It's completely home made.
  That's right people. I made buttercream frosting from scratch and it turned out tasting how it's supposed to. Maybe even a little better because I added a few things here and there.
  I'm going to wait a few minutes to make the actual cupcakes so that I can wash the kitchen aid and stuff.
  I'm becoming a good little mormon domestic. I can cook without burning stuff and I'm slowly getting toward the point where I can bake and not totally fail. However, I am using a box mix for specifically that reason- I have not yet perfected the art of home made cake. My white cake always turns out really crumbly and odd tasting when I make it from scratch. :/ I don't want to take any risks with the lemon cake. Especially after all the work to make my frosting so fantastically incredible. :D
  I think I'll take a break first though and go outside and lay in the sunshine. It is such a pretty day out!