Aug 22, 2011

gettin' buff: episode one

so, under one of the experiences in... knowledge? I think? It says to develop healthy eating habits and an exercise plan and to go about that plan for a certain amount of time. Here's my problem: since I've been out of school, I don't have weight training anymore (thank goodness, there are only so many vulgar, sexist, and mormon jokes I can take from male football players!) anyway since I don't have that anymore, I don't really exercise regularly. I run occassionally and maybe get the motivation to do some sit ups or push ups. I used to be able to run a 6:12 mile no problem. At one time this year, I benched 105 lbs (26 less than I weigh!) and I had great upper body strength. Now, my arms are flabby, I am out of breath easier when I run and my abs have now melded into one. I'm not fat, I'm just out of shape!
So here's the deal. I'm gettin' buff. I mean it. I decided to set a goal to run the susan g komen race for the cure next month with my moms team. I want to run as much as I can in it! So, I downloaded a workout that the people from the army advise to get in shape before basic training. I'll take it a little slower but I will push myself to be better. My goal is a 6:00 mile by race day. I don't know what it is now, but I know it's not 6 minutes.
And, the eating part. I am a bit known for making a pig out of myself. I am cutting back and only eating 3 meals normal size. I am limiting myself to 2 desserts a week (gasp!) and making sure I drink a lot of water every day.
Tonight I start with the push ups and sit ups before bed. So here we go. Wish me luck! Even though I'll be missing church for the race, I will be doing this purely for my mom and I will keep that motivation in my head while I train. So, 27 days until race day! Pray for me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment