May 8, 2011

Do you ever feel incredibly lonely?

I know I do. I have been all week. I wish everything could be okay soon. Today I wrote some facebook statuses about how I've felt and deleted each one because I know I am being too negative...
I wrote something along the lines of "ouch. my throat hurts." "Only made it to sacrament meeting at a different church before I went home because I felt so horrible." "I wish I didn't feel so lonely"
I deleted every single one of those because I realized I am being way too negative. I'm letting Satan get a hold of me and that's not going to happen anymore. I realize I've been letting that happen a lot lately and that's probably why I feel I've been so horribly upset. I haven't taken the time to count my blessings and see all the good things going on in my life. I've only been looking on the bad. My friend tells me all the time that I'm beautiful. Yet I put myself down on a constant basis simply because two people outside of school say I'm not. My friend is someone whose opinion I should look to the most because he's a much better example than the two people.
I put myself down a lot and I did a lot today. I felt sick and lonely and I didn't even pray to Heavenly Father. That's where I made my mistake today. I woke up and didn't pray because I thought it's just one time. I'll pray later. Then my throat hurt and I began to feel sick and I was upset because it was another thing on top of all thats been going on lately. I didn't pray then either. There was mistake two. Then after sacrament, I came home and laid in my bed thinking about how lonely I felt. Something should have clicked there. I have been given the gift of the Holy Ghost! How ungrateful of me to not call upon that gift!
I know the Holy Ghost will bring me comfort when I go upstairs in a few minutes and kneel by my bed and pray. The Holy Ghost has brought me that comfort before and I know that I will not feel lonely when I pray.
Don't pass up the opportunity to pray. Ever. Even when you think "oh, I can do that later."
I'm passing off this scripture mastery tomorrow because of what I remembered and learned today:
"Pray always, that you may come off conqueror; yea, that you may conquer Satan, and that you may escape the hands of the servants of Satan that do uphold his work."
Doctrine and Covenants 10:5

In the name of Jesus Christ.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment