Sep 5, 2012

Honor Bee

I recently made the decision to do my honor bee for Personal Progress. If you don't know what that is, it's basically an extension of personal progress. I recieved an award that in my church is the equivalent to the Eagle Scout award in boy scouts. I recieved it in december 2011. With the honor bee, you do 40 hours of service and read the Book of Mormon again. Then when you finish I think you have an interview with your bishop. Then in sacrament meeting, you recieve a bee charm to put on your medallion necklace to show that you have finished personal progress and that you've completed your honor bee.
So far I have 1 hour of service helping another ward do baptisms for the dead and I'm in 2 Nephi in the Book of Mormon. I'll post a counter to show how far along in the Book of Mormon I am and how far I am with the service portion too.

My missionary hit his 3 week mark and left the provo MTC yesterday early in the morning to go to his actual mission in Edmonton, Canada. He made it there safely and I can't wait to get his next letter. I've already gotten 5 and it's only been 21 days :) I'm a spoiled girlfriend.

I recently got a car and am learning to drive more and more and I'm striving for a job now. Life is hectic, but I'm definitely getting a lot done too.

Well, that's all for now. I hope you'll follow my progress in the honor bee!