Mar 3, 2013

Called to Serve!

Here it is: the magical announcement that is changing my life...

I got my mission call on Thursday afternoon. I opened it with my dad and siblings in the room.

I have been called to serve in the Samara, Russia mission. Russian speaking. I will leave for the Provo, Utah Mission Training Center on June 19th.

AHHH!!! What is this???? Russia was not even on my radar, not even a thought!

I am very excited and the truth is, I am very nervous too. But for now I am doing everything I can to prepare. Since there are no temples in Russia, I will be getting my temple reccomend this month or next so I can go to the temple as much as possible before I leave.

1 comment:

  1. Ashleigh, oh Ash leigh! I'm so happy you got your call... A new language to learn, different culture, scenery change, food change.... how exciting! We'll keep you in our prayers... (You do accept Lutheran ones? Don't you?) Keep us in the loop - addresses for snail mail, etc. Don't forget to take a camera!
    Hugs from the 2Gs

    ReplyDelete